Sunday, July 23, 2006

My Family in Antigua

I had arranged a homestay for the time I would spend studying at the language school in Antigua. The school arranges everything and I knew nothing about them when I arrived here.

The entrance to the house looks like a garage but is in fact an old school in a small cobbled street off one of the main roads. The large wooden doors of the building have a smaller door cut into them which is used as the entrance. Inside is a courtyard where the children play with their friends and is the centre of the home. My room faces onto it and is simply furnished.

Patricia and Julio, the proprietors, have two children, Julio (6) and Patricia-Maria (10 months). The family are charming, patient with my attempts at expression and tolerant of my dislike of bananas. I could not ask for more. Here is a photo of them with Patricia's mother who lives nearby.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home